Monday, November 2, 2009

Exp 2 - Week 2

If I was able to continue with the methods I’d originally picked from the list of methods we came up with during the tute in week 1, I believe my model would have been quite realistic, especially if I had been able to get my hands on some plans with dimensions to work off. However due to the situation mentioned in the post below I’ve had to rethink what methods I’ll be using and now the list only contains research and observation which is extremely hard to work with. As I don’t go to Town Hall Station very often I’m quite unfamiliar with the station and especially the platforms so observation only gives me a limited amount of information to work with. Similarly researching Town Hall station on the internet also gave me very little to work with. Because of this my model is going to look much more abstract and generic than realistic as the geometry will have to be how i remember it so it won’t be too scale and as I can’t access the few photo’s i had the textures will need to be handmade or found on the internet which also won’t look very realistic.
I know that this doesn’t adhere to the assignment but I believe that because of my circumstances, an abstract and generic model is the best I can work with.

No comments: